Sat, 29 Jan|
Discover Bucharest Art Deco
Bucharest has a remarkable Art Deco heritage, and buildings of this type are as imposing as they are beautiful. Come with us to discover together this patrimony of the Romanian capital, of inestimable value.
Time and place
29 Jan 2022, 15:30 – 17:00
Bucharest, Piata Romana 9, 030167, Romania
Art Deco was born between 1910 and 1914, but was named after the French exhibition called the International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts, which took place in 1925.
The eclectic and sometimes contradictory Art Deco style was heavily influenced by functional industrial design, multi-faceted shapes, cubism and futurism, geometry and technology.
Bucharest has a remarkable Art Deco heritage, and most of this type of buildings are located in the central areas of the capital (Magheru, Polona, Victoriei), and they are as imposing as they are beautiful. An example in this sense is the Telephone Palace, built between 1931 and 1933 (the first major modernist building and the first skyscraper structure in Romania).
We invite you to discover together the Art Deco heritage of Bucharest. We will talk about the most interesting and beautiful constructions of this style, symbolism, details; stories about the flourishing interwar period. Everything on a Sunday walking route.
What does the experience include?
- Discover the beauty of Art Deco buildings in Bucharest
- Take a closer look at the buildings with bold and modern lines, at the same time, the opulence combined with the precision of mathematics
- You feel like a traveler in your own city, which is an interesting feeling
- Enjoy an extremely enjoyable outdoor experience
- You have a guided tour, in which your guide will tell you and show you the most interesting details about the imprint that the Art Deco period left on Bucharest.
- 45 RON / person (adult)
Requirements for participants:
Comfortable shoes (the tour takes place on foot)
Wearing protective masks is mandatory throughout the experience
Keeping a social distance of 1.5 m from the other participants in the experience is mandatory
Last day for registration: January 28, 2022 (6:00 p.m.)
January 29, 2022
Start time: 15:30
Tour duration: one hour 30 minutes
Meeting point: Piata Romana, no. 9, Bucharest
How it works:
All you have to do is select your experience and follow the steps required to book your seat on the tour, followed by payment.
You will receive by email confirmation of registration and additional information on how you can take possession of it.
* All displayed images are for illustrative purposes only. The actual product may differ from the displayed images.
Discover Bucharest Art Deco
The ticket includes a guided tour for one person on the Discover Bucharest Art Deco tour.