On request, check availability|
The comfort of your home
The Story of the Selaron Stairs - Live Virtual Tour from Rio de Janeiro
One of the most famous streets in Rio de Janeiro is actually a staircase that connects two streets in this beautiful city of Brazil. Join us to this real-time virtual experience to discover their story.
Time and place
On request, check availability
The comfort of your home
One of the most famous streets in Rio de Janeiro is actually a staircase that connects Joaquim Silva and Pinto Martins streets in the Lapa and Santa Teresa neighborhoods.
The story of the Selaron stairs in Rio de Janeiro began in 1990, when Chilean painter Jorge Selaron began renovating the dilapidated stairs that passed in front of his house.
At first, the neighbors made fun of him for his choice of colors, covering the steps with blue, green, and yellow tiles (the colors of the Brazilian flag), but Selaron continued to do what he set out to do. Over time, this small project became an obsession for him. Selaron collected most of the materials he used to decorate the steps on nearby construction sites and from his own sources.
The stairs have 215 steps, and when Selaron finished the work, they had 2,000 colored pieces along 125 meters.
Selaron stairs are now a landmark in Rio de Janeiro. They have been featured in many international magazines, newspapers, travel shows and documentaries. They have also appeared in commercials for products such as American Express, Coca-Cola, Kelloggs Corn Flakes and Playboy, to name a few. Numerous music videos were recorded with these stairs in the background.
Come with us for a virtual walk in real time on some of the most beautiful stairs in the world - the Selaron stairs in Rio de Janeiro.
The experience is conducted in English.
What does the experience include?
- You have a unique experience, from the comfort of your home
- The virtual tour is hosted by a local guide from Rio de Janeiro and takes place via live streaming
- You have access to a private experience, for you and your friends, family or colleagues
- Interact directly with the guide and easily enter the local atmosphere to discover interesting things about this famous area
- Discover an educational, funny and relaxing way to spend your free time
- If you are planning a holiday in Rio de Janeiro and want to enjoy the beauties and attractions of this Brazilian city, the experience is a great opportunity to get acquainted in advance with them.
- For groups (up to 10 people): 1,067 RON / group
Requirements for participants:
- Participation in this experience is private
- The experience is carried out on request and takes place for groups of up to 10 people
- A comfortable place to participate in the virtual tour
- Snacks on hand, if you want
- It is advisable to have knowledge of English in order to fully enjoy this experience
- Good internet connection
- Make sure you have the Zoom app installed on the device from which you want to participate in the experience (installing the app is free. Access this link to download it - https://zoom.us )
- The tour takes place for groups.
- Maximum number of participants / group: 10 people
The tour takes place on request
The date and time are set at the request of the participants, after consulting the availability of the guide
Tour duration: 1h 30m
Last day to register:
2 days before the date you want to participate in the experience (from the moment we confirm the availability of the date you want)
How it works:
All you have to do is tell us the date and time you are interested in participating in the experience (by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 0733 475 191). After confirming the availability of the guide, select the experience on our website and follow the necessary steps to reserve your place, followed by payment.
You will receive by email the registration confirmation and additional data regarding how you will take possession of it.
*All displayed images are for illustrative purposes only. The actual product may differ from the displayed images.
Urca Neighborhood - Virtual tour
This ticket offers access to the "Discover the pitoresque Urca Neighborhood - Virtual Tour Live from Rio de Janeiro", for a group of up to 10 people. The presentation of the tour and the dialogue with the participants take place in English. Sit comfortably on the sofa, open Zoom and enjoy a new experience from the comfort of your home.